Materials: power point, images of holiday places
Target language: Past tenses
Ask students to create a 2-slide powerpoint. On one slide they will upload a photo they have taken from a holiday. On the second slide, they will write a short text describing the picture. They may answer the following questions to write their texts.
▪ where was the photo taken?
▪ Who were you with?
▪ When were you there?
▪ How long did you stay there?
▪ What kind of a place was it?
▪ What were the typical things there (food, music, etc)
▪ Did you enjoy being there?
Then you can combine all the slides and prepare an ‘Our Holiday’ presentation.
Web 2.0 alternatives
- Upload the pictures on voice thread and ask students to record their voice and describe their photos. Then ask the other students to comment on each photo.
- Tell your students to create posters using tabblo
- Create a glogster and upload all the photos students used, record their voices talking about their holidays or if they are ok with video recording, record them while talking about their holidays.